- I can't believe August is ending and September is just a few days away. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time. I love summertime but I also love fall. Summertime is so much fun with vacationing and going to the pool with the family. Our schedule is usually very laid back during summer which I love but then again when school starts back I'm always eager to get back into a routine. Football starts in 2 days and my household full of boys is SO EXCITED!! (Hotty Toddy!)
- I'm looking forward to the boys football games, practices (which started full force last week), school work, festivals, pumpkins, the fair, fair food, the leaves changing, cool crisp air on my morning drive into work and time with family / friends!
- All of this being said we have many fun things to look forward too, so why have I been so depressed? I'm the type of person that is easy to fall into a depression. I don't know why? I always tend to have a pity party for myself when things aren't panning out the way I want them too. Right now we needs prayers for two very serious situations in our lives. It involves our jobs, both of them!! Transitions are happening at a rapid pace (even at times not fast enough for us) and we need prayers to handle it all. My first and #1 job is my children and husband but I do need to work and love my job as well. We are both in a unique situation, my prayer is in the Lord that He will work it all out for us. We should not worry but I do. A lot!
- I can say though, for the first time in our marriage that even though times are hard right now with changes happening J and I are the closest we've ever been. It really is amazing how far we have come but we just keep on trucking along this crazy ride of life, together, each night together and not having to worry about my marriage is such an awesome thing right now. There have been times that when stressful situations arise, we take them out on each other.... I'm so happy we have matured and grown from those days.... now we handle these situations together, like husband and wife are meant to do. That is completely a "God thing" and he has really molded our marriage into something I never dreamed it could be.
- I've been really surprised by some of the comments on the whole Miley Cyrus VMA awards situation. I only watched the Justin Timberlake performance, which was fabulous by the way but J and I literally just turned it on for 20 minutes to watch him perform then we turned it back to another show we were watching... Mountain Men, I think. I guess I'm shocked by all of the opinions because it really isn't any of my business. I did watch the you tube video of it last night and if she wants to get on stage and act in away I would never act well that is her business, not mine. My kids were already in bed but even if they were awake I wouldn't allow them to watch the VMA awards and it shocks me that parents are mad about her acting that way while their kids were watching... well, why were your kids up watching that with you in the first place... it is the VMA music awards (MTV) what do you expect? I pray for Miley and hope she can find peace and comfort in other things, not the fame she is currently all caught up in.
- Will and Luke need a hair cut so bad but do y'all ever put that off until you absolutely have to get it done? I guess this weekend that is something we need to do. I'm looking forward to the Labor Day weekend. We have things going on each and every night this week so this weekend could not come at a better time. I'm really hoping my Mom will come in town this weekend so we can spend some time with her, I really have been missing my Momma lately!! :)
I hope you all are having a fabulous week! Blessings to all!