Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Water Weekend!

Since most of our time this past weekend was spent in the water, I thought it was only fitting to have the post title "water weekend". We literally went from our house, to the pool, to the store, out to eat and then back home again ALL WEEKEND LONG! It was beyond fabulous to not have a ton of things planned because the next several weekends are slammed packed. Thank you to who have and do serve in our military, I am forever grateful for the sacrifice you make for me and my family on a daily basis! 

I neglected the camera this weekend and tried to be in the moment so please forgive me for not having a ton of pictures. Since Westin is still by my side most of the time, he gets most of the pictures, the only one of Will and Luke I got was below in the pool. I think they were in the middle of wrestling. Boys....


I snapped this picture of Westin when he was OVER the pool. This was Sunday afternoon and he really didn't want to still be there but you can see big brothers heads popping up in the water behind him. I posted this on instagram and my Mom called me not real happy with me. She said that I shouldn't put pictures of him so upset because he is always such a happy boy. Although he is always super happy, there is nothing wrong in showing this side of him as well. We all have our moments. ;-)


On Monday we were at the pool for over 5 hours. Westin did NOT want to be at the pool so he took a two hour nap shortly after arriving. After he woke up he was a different kid and kept jumping in the pool. He had a ball. He has a puddle jumper that he isn't fond of but it is the best thing ever, allows the wild man to have his fun while being safe as well.

Nothing says summertime fun like taking a long nap in the shade, at the pool with lots of noise around. Mommy had several thoughts of joining the little man.  


He is going through a phase and won't let me take pictures of him looking in the camera. He grins like this most of the time and will look down, I had to beg him to look at me just one time. Silly boy!!! As you can see once he did look at me he had to pretend to poke his belly with the mini flashlight he was playing with... I mean seriously, the child is hilarious!


Today we went for hair cuts while I got my hair done as well. Thank you Lord, I was starting to look rough! I guess Luke grabbed my phone and took this picture of himself. He is my favorite little goober of all time!


I am enjoying my time off with the boys. Next week starts a new adventure for me and our family but I am beyond excited about what the doors that the Lord has opened for me. He is a mighty and powerful God, I am fully trusting Him with these new adventures! 

Have a blessed Wednesday! 
~Katie~

No comments: