Wednesday, February 10, 2010

update on my drama...

I think I left off on Saturday night when I thought it was a simple staph infection and it was all going to be good soon. Well Sunday I quickly got worse, ran a very high fever and just got very, very ill quick and the pain, oh I can not use words to describe the pain.
So, Monday morning we woke up to 5 inches of unexpected snow. Yes, the weatherman were wrong and we ended up getting slammed with snow. I knew since I was up all night that something was going on outside, then we got a phone call at 5:00am from the school system saying schools were out, I turned on the TV and was stunned, but it was a pleasant surprise. Once we got up and moving around, we realized that I needed to go to the hospital quick. My fever was still high, the area on my face got worse and it was very scary! We trotted on to a local hospital and sure enough, stafh infection that has spread and gotten worse. They got us right in and started treating me immediately. They had to "open the area and get all of the infection out" that was the worse situation I have ever been in. It was not pleasant, but I knew it had to be done in order for this to heal. The ER doc got all of the infection out and left the wound open, it's about a inch deep and a quarter of an inch wide. He packed it up, put guaze over the area, gave me more antibiotics, more pain meds and off we went.
Yesterday I followed up with my primary care physician for him to look over the whole thing, he is happy with the medication I'm on, but not happy with the infection. There is another pocket that has come up and if it does not come out, on Friday he will have to go in there and do the same thing. Ladies, I can not handle another episode like Monday, so I need prayers in a major way! I am feeling better and more back to myself. I look like a freak with these bandages on my face, but I am not risking anything with this infection, it's a open wound and needs to be covered!
Y'all have a blessed Wednesday!
Katie

5 comments:

There's No Place Like Memphis Mama said...

Katie I am so worried about you girl. I am praying hard for you. It will all be ok I am sure. At least your doctors are staying on top of it.

Candice said...

Girl I am so sorry! John has been keeping us posted on how you are. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I will for sure be praying for you and a quick recovery!!!!

Natalie said...

Hm. I wonder why he didn't drain the other spot that came up? My son has had Staph before. It's not pretty & I totally empathize with what you must be going through. Hope you get better soon!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

omg friend..i just read ur posts! i am sooooo sorry! what the heck????!! and how on earth did it get there in the first place?
i'm praying for you as i type this!!!!
please please write another update!!

as for us...crazy baby #5 is due in oct. i want an oct baby so badly! lily was due oct 3 and came in sept...so i'm keeping my legs crossed this time! ha ha

Heather said...

oh girl, I am praying for you right now! I am so very sorry you have had to been dealing with this, I am praying it's better! Lots of prayers going up right now!