Monday, March 28, 2011

My Nanny


This is my Nanny girl, a horrible picture of me, but it sure shows my Nanny's beauty!! This woman is so special to me. I hear her voice and I get a glimpse of peace, knowing everything is going to be fine in the world because of my Nanny. She is my idol and Christian role model. She is so real, caring, compassionate, loving, respected, smart, healthy, beautiful, hard headed :), loved by so many people. I am the Christian woman I am today, because I have always wanted to be more like her. When I was 13 I was saved in the church she still attends. After my parents divorce, before we bought a house in Georgia, we lived with her for a few months, it was such a joyous time in my life. All was right in my world, my Nanny was always there for us, we really bonded and I have never looked back. She instilled values in me and will let you know when it's not right. She is simply amazing and such a DELIGHT to be around. I look up to this woman more than any woman I have ever known.

She called last night to check in and everytime I feel like a little girl again when talking to her. I feel she and I have a special bond. She has 6 other Grandchildren and she makes us all feel so special in our own ways. I am so blessed to have my boys know her and enjoy speaking to her. When we go to Georgia to visit we stay with her, she has some land and the boys enjoy her house so much. Last time we left, Will cried and hid in the woods behind her house because he didn't want to go, this went on for about 30 minutes. It was so dramatic but shows how much she impacts us. She is my (and the hubs) only living Grandparent. She tells me often that when she goes "Home" to not be sad, be happy she will be in a better place. She looks forward to meeting our Maker. For selfish reasons, it will be one of the saddest days of my life. She is so young and healthy, I have no doubt she will be around for many, many more years to come!

I know you all have Grandparents that have impacted your lives in bigger ways. Isn't it amazing the love of a Grandparent? I loved all of my Grandparents, but there's just something about my Nanny. I crave the smell of her house, the way her flowers grow on her porch, hearing the trains late at night, how darn hot it gets in her house, the way my tummy aches from laughing so hard, home made pound cake that melts in your mouth, the peace and love that surrounds her home, the forgiving and abundant love she gives me and my family.

Thank you Lord for blessing my life with this amazing woman, I wish I could spend every Sunday night dinner with her, but making each moment count when we are together will have to do for now. I am counting down the days til late May when we will make our next trip to visit her! I love my Nanny girl, we are like two peas in a pod!!!!

No comments: