Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gratitude

I know everyone and their mother is on a thankfulness and gratitude kick. I love how one month of the year I see people on facebook and their blogs saying what they are thankful for, unfortunately we should have that type of mindset much more often!

I'm the kind of person that if everyone is doing it, internally I struggle with not wanting to do the same thing. I saw so many people doing the thankful post on facebook and I said "well I'm not doing that, I'm not going to be like everyone else". That is just how my mind works. Last weekend though I was enjoying a nice article out of the Good Housekeeping magazine. (BTW - I just LOVE that magazine) It was all about gratitude and how everyone shows it in different ways. At that point I decided well why not tell my friends and family each day of this month what I'm so thankful for... and why not take it a step further?

I would say I'm not a real affectionate person or vocal about my feelings. I like to show people, especially my family how much I appreciate them by notes I leave around the house, letters I send to family / friends in the mail and by doing for others. I love to do things for people. I really enjoy seeing the happiness it brings on peoples faces when you do nice things for them.

The reason I'm saying that is because I'm actually thinking of starting a business about doing "certain" things for other people. I'm not sure if it will all come together but I promise when it does I will let you all know what it's all about.

During the month of November I have been putting notes in the boys lunch boxes to let them know each day why I'm so thankful about for them. All of my children are my life, they are the reason I was put on this earth, they are part of MY story and I just love them so much. Unfortunately I'm sure I don't show it all the time. I know they are enjoying those sweet notes. They are my sunshine! Below is a list, thus far of what I'm so thankful for each day. I will continue this each day this month or atleast try to keep up with it! :) 

Day 1: Thankful to my Lord for His loving arms, shoulder to cry on and His friendship. We have a special relationship and it is something amazing! He has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams and I know He has bigger plans for our family, we are waiting for Him!

Day 2: my husband. He is an awesome guy. God made us for each other and the older I get the more I realize how amazing that is. We married so young and we are still going strong. So many people doubted us but like I said above, when my friends where having a blast in college, I was doing the complete opposite. I was in college, but I fell in love and I knew I wanted to marry this guy, right away. We did and the rest is history, I'm so thankful that the Lord has his hand on our marriage and continues to teach us lessons (so hard to listen) and bless us!

Day 3: my unselfish mother. She is my best friend, I could not always say this but she is seriously the one person I go to when all else fails. We talk several times a day and it is the hardest to not have her in the same city as me. Mom and I have never had a normal relationship. The Lord almost took her home almost 15 years ago but He had bigger plans for her. I took care of her and nursed her back to health. She is my rock and is a huge part of my life. I thank the Lord each day for saving her life.

Day 4: my 3 sweet souls that the Lord has trusted us to care for. They are amazing and continue to make us laugh, teach us so much and are pure joys. Will, Luke and Will carry my heart in the palms of their hands, my life is for them!

Day 5: SEC football, we just love football at our house. We are all about going to games and watching games. Thank goodness I have boys who are just as affectionate about football as I am. It is so much fun!

Day 6: the right to vote. The election was interesting and that's all I will say about that!

Day 7: very thankful to have a job to help provide for my family's future! It is hard for woman to stay home these days, I know lots of people do and I could do that but I choose not to. I love my job, I couldn't imagine not being here and I'm even more thankful to work part time so I get the best of both worlds. I work for an amazing company, they are very flexible with my crazy kiddo schedule.


Have a thankfulness day my friends!!

No comments: