Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Tradition Tuesday

It has been awhile ago since I linked up with Kelly's Korner but I thought this topic was fun to share. We don't do a ton of traditions and sometimes it seems that each year is different but we try to do a few things each year to make this time of the year special for us as a family and the kids.

We always bake cookies and some  years we do this with other family, friends and the kiddos. It's so much fun for all involved and for me it's fun to do this with friends that I love. If I had a bigger house I would invite all of my wonderful Mommy friends with their lovely kiddos but that's not the case right now. I hope next year it will be different and I will be able to invite tons of friends to join our fun!

Riding around looking at Christmas lights is also one we do each year. As a kid we did this all the time and my brother and I would even keep note of all of the awesome things we saw. Fun times!

We always put up our decorations the Friday after Thanksgiving. I'm not a big shopper so instead of shopping that day I always spend it at home putting up decorations. Thanksgiving also starts the constant Christmas music in my car. Right now I sometimes get sick of hearing Christmas music and the minute I turn it one of the boys will ask for the Christmas music to be turned back on. :) It makes me happy they love it so much!

Going to watch the Christmas parade in our local town is always so much fun for the kids. This year we were out of town during the parade (of course) so we had to miss it but I'm sure it was a ton of fun!

On Christmas Eve we go to church for our Christmas Eve service then come home to watch It's a Wonderful Life. We LOVE that movie and there's nothing else I can say about it!!!! If you haven't seen it, you must go watch it!

I know these traditions are not very extravegant but we are not real exciting people to other's. We enjoy our simple life and the kids have a blast most of the time.

I'm excited to hear what other's do as traditions and maybe get more ideas!

Merry Christmas friends!!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I love the simplicity of your traditions. We try to keep things simple here too :)