Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chaos....

Y'all.. please forgive me! I just have been in a blogging fog, I have read most of your pages, some I've commented, some I have not, but I am keeping up with others, just not keeping up with my page very well!



Things around here are busy. Many things on my mind, ALL of them good though! While we were in Georgia visiting friends and family. Momma, the boys and I went to visit my Mom's really, really good friend, M. M is a interior designer in Atlanta and her home, OH MY, is AMAZING!!! I got SO many great ideas and it has inspired me to make some changes in my home. Recently I painted my kitchen (months ago), well M just got new curtains for her dining room and her old ones were just laying over a chair... in my head I was thinking "they would go perfectly in my living room b/c the colors are similar to my kitchen colors and it would bring everything together" (plus my house is very open and it would make things flow better, if you know what I mean) Well thankfully my Mom said that for me, SO M is going to give me those curtains that she got custom made and I could NOT be more thrilled!!!! They haven't come in yet, but that's ok because we are going to repaint our living room and hallways. The color in my living room right now is a light yellow and my hallways are a few shades darker, but more like a yellow-gold color. The new color we are painting our living room is Benjamin Moores "rattan" and I need to go figure out what in the world to do in my hallways and entry way. I planned on doing the next shade darker, b/c the rattan color is a light tannish color... so I don't know. But I'm super excited in re~doing our colors because the yellow has been great, but I'm SO sick of it!!! I also ordered some bamboo (darker wood color) shades for my kitchen, instead of blinds. I can't wait for them to come in as well, I don't think I'm going to do any curtains in my kitchen since the shades will be so pretty....



SO ladies, that has been on my mind, as well as wanting to do things in my bedroom and painting my kitchen table (this will be a big project and I'm not sure I'm ready), Will's school has kept me so busy lately (I try to volunteer and they are wearing me out with asking me to volunteer, I need to learn to say NO), my job has (thank God) gotten busier, my house work, staying close to my friends, being there for my hubby and staying in Faith with my Lord!!!



I've been a busy girl and don't think that I am complaining! My life is richly blessed!! I could not ask anything to be any different. I have just had to put the blog off for a minute to focus on other things, but life is amazing! I appreciate all of you and I'm so happy to have you in my life!!



~Katie~

2 comments:

There's No Place Like Memphis Mama said...

Ummm that is awesome about those curtains!

Leah said...

I can totally relate to being so busy! Sometimes we just have to take care of things.

It sounds like your re-decorating is going to be beautiful. You will have to post some before and after pics!