Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wishful Wednesday...

I wish I could go on vacation tomorrow to a place that would bring back SO many childhood memories and it might bring me to my knees.....
The Cayman Islands...
This was my families yearly vacation spot each summer growing up... we went for I know atleast 9 years in a row, before my parents got divorced. It is a hoot to look at old pictures of me on the beach, brown as a gingerbread girl with cotton top hair! I want my boys to experience this like I did... Now, we went way before it ever got really big, now it seems people go all the time. So, from what I remember as a child, it is paradise to me!!! Anywhere down in the Carribean is just stunningly beautiful! I am actually trying to plan a "secret" trip to take my hubby here one day, it would be so romantic and such a dream of mine to share so many wonderful memories with him there as well as my own children!!!
I mean what person would not want to be laying out on this sand right here just enjoying this earth that God created for us.... He is so amazing!!!






And this picture is what I did just about every afternoon underneath the beaming Carribean sun... soaking in God's creations!!!






My dreams for my family of my own sure are high, but I just pray that I can give my own kids just a percentage of the adventures that my parents gave me growing up. Yes, my Dad has worked for Northwest Airlines for almost 40 years now, so our adventures happened all the time, I was a very fortunate little girl! I LOVE to travel, traveling is in my blood, and now having kids of my own, I look forward to showing them adventures of this earth and seeing their faces enjoying every minute of it!!! Such great family memories that remind me of my roots!!!
Y'all have a great Wednesday night!!!
~Katie~



2 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

My mom is a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines, and I know exactly what you mean!!!

Anonymous said...

oh wow!! I would totally love to go there! We went on an annual vacation too...usually to an amusement park or something. Yours was way better! Hope your having a great week! = )