Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This year my Mother's Day was so different than the previous years. As you all know, my whole family is from Georgia and most of them live in Georgia (with the except to my brother who lives in Denver and myself who lives in Tennessee).


My Nanny fell a week ago, got hurt very badly, had to have surgery last Tuesday to fix the things she broke. So, My Mom has been SO overwhelmed taking care of her. There's been some really stressful moments lately and all I wanted to do was to help as much as I could, BUT I was in Tennessee, NOT Georgia.


So I decided to catch a plane out Friday night to surprise my Mommy for the weekend. It worked, she was COMPLETELY surprised and was in tears just seeing my face! :)


Saturday I spent the whole day taking care of my Nanny. Poor thing, both of her arms were operated on so she is in a cast on both arms, therefore she can't do a THING for herself. NOTHING and it is VERY painful still and VERY humbling for her to have to rely on other peoples help just to do the simple things in life.

No one can ever take the moments we shared together that day away from me, it was the best experience I've had with her thus far in my life and I'm beyond thrilled I was honored to be able to help her so much that day. There were a lot of laughs and moments of us just talking, I love that woman so much and I am so blessed to have her as my Nanny (Grandmother)!


Saturday night I was relieved by my Aunt, she had night duty, so my Mom and I took advantage of the free night off and went out to dinner. Again, just wonderful bonding time for us that we normally don't get to share. Since I've had kids, I'm on the "back burner" so to speak with my kids being my Mom's #1 focus while she's around (those darn kids), so re-connecting with her was just perfect!


Sunday we enjoyed brunch together with My Mom's family and then off to the airport I went to get home to see my sweet hubby and babies!


For those of you that know my hubs knows that, I take care of EVERYTHING in my household, I am very much a control freak like that. While I was away, the hubs took control and did a AMAZING job with the boys, they were exhausted last night from doing so much with Daddy and it made me a proud woman! Just knowing that he allowed me to go take my time with my family who needed my help and everything was just fine while I was away!


I am so blessed, being gone for the first time sure made me miss what I had waiting on my at home and made me realize just how lucky I am to be in the life God's blessed me with!


I pray each and every one of you had a wonderful Mother's Day! God is so good, ALL the time!


Blessings,



1 comment:

Karen Mortensen said...

What a wonderful weekend you had. So glad you were able to help your nanny. We called my grandmother Nanny too.