Many people have been finding one word to help them through this year. I have finally found my word for 2013 but I first want to talk about my word for 2012.
I know that word is very generic but I take it very serious. No matter how bad one has it, it can always be worse. My life in 2012 (and always) is BLESSED. We were blessed by so many things in 2012. The Lord never seems to deny himself to us, He is forever giving and in so many different ways.
1. He blessed my sweet family of 4 with another healthy, beautiful, perfect gift from Him. He blessed our family with James Westin Clements. God's timing is perfect, He sent this angel to us to restore our family. I got pregnant with Westin during a time when I didn't know what I wanted in life. I 100% feel like that sweet angel was sent to us to remind me of God's love and it was God saying to me that He has me EXACTLY where he wants me to be.
2. Our 2 older boys are becoming big boys. They are such sweet souls and they love the Lord. They are becoming followers of Christ and what more could you ask of your children? It is fun teaching them the truth and teaching them how to be men. Will and Luke are at different phases than Westin but I love it that way.
3. He has shown our family just how important we are to each other. During a hard time He will reveal Himself to show me personally what I'm doing right and what I need improvement on. I need this in my life, I need Him to constantly help me through every aspect of my life. I have no doubt He has always been there to show Himself to me but I am becoming more aware of it and just how blessed we truly are.
4. We have grown financially. The Lord is very forgiving and after we went through the worst financial times we thought possible (several years ago) He totally made it worth it. He taught us SO much during those times and I don't regret it for one second. The Lord says if you stay faithful to Him, He will bless you ten fold. People we aren't rich by any means, but we are rich in each other and man did He show us money is not everything, but it is important. Debt free (besides our mortgage) is the best way to live.
5. I have grown personally in 2012 (becoming more mature I guess you'd say). I'm not saying I was immature before, but I'm getting older and no more is non sense part of my life. The most important things in my life is my relationship with Christ, my husband, my children, my family, my church, my health and my career. Friends are important but I've learned in 2012 that you love the ones that love you back. We all have a busy life but you must take the time for others!
6. Lastly, I'm so blessed to be able to enjoy the simple things in life. This can go along with #5 but I no longer care or worry about big things. I want my life to be as simple as possible and I feel like I'm on the road to that right now. Making my life more simple is allowing me to do a calling in my heart which is to become more giving on my time to the elder and families in need. (I will talk more about this when I discuss my 2013 goals)
Many times in 2012 I was on my knees, praising Him for all that he has done for us. He deserves all of our praises! There are so many more blessings I'm thankful for but these are just a few I wanted to share.
He will love you, bless you, and multiply you. He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground, your grain and your wine and your oil, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock, in the land that he swore to your fathers to give you. Deuteronomy 7:13
Be blessed friends! I will share my word for 2013 and what it means to me next!