Thursday, April 22, 2010

Show Us Your Life- How I met the Hubs...


Ok y'all I have NEVER participated in Kelly's Korner "show us your life" series, but this one it too good to not participate! :) It is show us your life- how I met my husband.

Well I was just getting out of high school and going into college... I had just broken up with my high school sweetheart of whom I had been dating for 4 years. It was hard, but we were in two different stages in life so we had to say our goodbyes.

One day I was getting my hair done by my hair dresser (ha...this story is funny), at this time she had been doing my hair for 5 years so we knew each other well. I was telling her about the big break up and how I was officially single and actually enjoying being with my girlfriends all the time. She said her brother in law (her husband's brother) had been single for a while and she wanted to know if one night I wanted to stop by while he was over. She told me his age and I thought, my parents are going to kill me! He was 23 at the time and I was 18, when your that young you think that is so old... oh if I only knew! A few weeks later I was headed over to her house to hang out for a little bit and had no idea he was going to be there (she didn't tell me) so when I pulled up and saw his car out front... I got nervous and kept on driving by... little did silly me not know that at the time they were outside and saw me slow down then drive by. Now I did not live near them at the time so it is not normal for me to be driving by (they knew that). I eventually got the nerve up to go back and I did and acted like nothing happened.

We met that day and we both were pretty nervous, so a few weeks later we got together for dinner and it was over from then. A few months later we started looking at wedding rings and we just knew that this was it for us... I married at 20, it is so young in my opinion, but it has worked for us! I was never the kind of girl that partied or enjoyed the whole college life style. I was ready to settle down and enjoy a family of my own! God gave me that wonderful gift!! My now sister in law (the hairdresser) she told me that when I was young, before we officially met, he would look at my high school picture they had of me on their refridgerator and say that one day I would be his wife... I thank God for having such a faithful, trustworthy, silly, passionate and best friend as a husband. Everyone will tell you that he is someone who loves to laugh and make other people laugh, he's a genuinely nice guy and I love him coming home each night and telling me all of his stories of the day! He's so good to me!


It's been hard, the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life, I will never lie or try to act like it is easy, but it is so rewarding! God has been so good and faithful to us both and we have learned a lot together!

7 comments:

Erica said...

i love how your husband knew he was going to marry you just by looking at your picture ;) that is so sweet1 what a beautiful family you have been blessed with!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet story! You're so right, John is a trip, Chris and I have so much fun when we hang out with you. It's a rare find when you have 2 families where the husbands, wives, and kids all get along great :) Love you all!

Heather said...

I love your story!! How neat to learn that he would look at your picture and say that about you!! So sweet!!!! I got married at 19 so I know what you mean about young!! I loved the story of you driving by and keep going, I would have done the same thing!!

amanda said...

awww i love that story!! i got married at 20 as well. :0) i think it's great you were set up with each other and that he 'knew' before he even met you!!

Kristen said...

Hi! Stopping by from Kelly's Korner - you have such a cute story! The drive by thing sounds like something I would've done, funny about you being caught! :)

Shoshanah said...

I can't believe your hairdresser set you up. What a great story to be able to share

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

a sweet story and a cute cute blog....
Happy Sunday. I have a few hours to blog hop ......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/