Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Five Things

1. Yesterday was my first time to EVER get a cavity filled. I was 100% terrified and everyone thought I was nuts. My dentist is wonderful, I told him yesterday that I loved him because he didn't hurt me at all!! It was a breeze and I couldn't believe I was so nervous... I should add that my dentist is a hottie... I enjoyed giving him a hug to show my appreciation :)

2. The hubs and I typically get into a arguement every so often (every few months or so, not often), usually when we are stressed about other things and we take something out on that person. Last night was one of those nights, it's unfortunate, but it happens to the best of us! At one point last night we were not speaking, looking forward to moving on from the awkwardness. Then we had these horrible storms, tornado warnings and in the closet with our kids. At that moment I forgot about what even happened and just prayed for us to be safe and loved on him. God sure didn't have to make it storm horribly for my hatefulness to go away.

3. I love baby names, I think of baby names often, it could slightly be a obsession. The names that I like change often, but right now these are my baby names. Boy - Colson James (hubs likes this!) Girl - Georgia Kate (hubs is not a fan, but I can talk him into this) No I'm not pregnant, but you always have to be prepared. :)

4. I have a tendency to not be a big "new technology" type person. Actually the hubs and I both are that way. We keep our cell phones for record years, still have a desktop at home, no laptop and have no ipad ipod or anything of that sorts, nor do I even know the difference. We just recently upgraded our cable box of 8 years to a HD cable box and we feel like a million bucks. None of that stuff interest us and honestly I think we find better ways to spend our money than waste it on things that will be replaced in a few years with something bigger and better!

5. It's been 12 years now this week since my Mom suffered 2 ruptured brain aneurysms. She had emergency surgery, they called the family in saying she wouldn't make it through the night. I was in high school, it's a blur but I do remember miracles happened that horrible evening. Our lives were forever changed but it made me the person I am today! She went through horrible times, things I would never wish on my worst enemy, she fought for her life and she made it through. Today she is a renewed woman with a amazing spirit and soul! She's the #1 woman in my life and I thank God each day for saving her life! Life is precious, you never know when it will be your last day!


I hope y'all are having a wonderful Wednesday!


Blessings,

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's awesome you've only had one cavity! I HATE going to the dentist. I have to take medicine to relax me I get to anxious! Glad it wasn't bad for ya. ; )

Love you boy name!